Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ok, so I gotta ask... What is Tacticool?

Hey bloggers, it's Nick. It's been about 12 hours or so, and I figure it's time for another post. This time I'm coming in swinging. I figure it's time to answer the tough questions.



What does Tacticool mean?

Tacticool is of course a play on a word. Tactical is defined as, "Of, relating to, or using tactics." or "Characterized by adroitness, ingenuity, or skill." Obviously this does not answer the question. By now you've asked yourself once more, so what the heck does it mean to be Tacticool!? Tacticool is a resourcefulness in solving a problem efficiently all the while being fashionable about it. It's about looking good; looking cool, and getting the job done.

MK2 TDS: Biking with the dog, getting the job done, & looking cool.


Sling? Why not call it a Tacticool leash?

Amanda covered it in our first post. I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy. I like to hike, bike, paddle, camp, and I'm an avid shooting enthusiast. I can remember the day the inspiration for the TDS hit me. Amanda and I were out hiking, the terrain was steep at times, and there we were with our two dogs. At the time we were using conventional 4 foot leather leashes; The dogs do great on them. This time, however, there seemed to be a demand for something a little more adept under the pressing conditions. It was hard at times to hold the leashes while we traversed the hills. I thought to myself, "Man, something like a single point tactical rifle sling would work awesome for the dogs right now." The idea was born. The next step was to design and build it. The first design which I later dubbed the MK1 was born. We needed a name, something to set it apart from other leashes on the market. I jokingly called it the Tacticool Dog Sling. The name stuck. Just yesterday, we showed a friend (a former Marine) our MK3 TDS. As soon as we showed him how to snap it on, he immediately said, "Wow, so it's just like a rifle sling!" Exactly! That is exactly what it is. It's not so much a dog leash as it is a dog sling!

Me, my pooch, and our MK3 TDS
The Tacticool Dog Sling has become an essential piece of hardware in our home. We have such a high regard for the TDS that I cannot imagine any other name for it. Sure, it seems silly at times to call it tacticool or a dog sling, but it is what it is. To call it by a different name would be doing the TDS  a discredit.

-Nick



No comments:

Post a Comment