Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Day in the Life...

Wow, our first official blog post is published to the World Wide Web!  This is really an amazing feeling!  


Me... Amanda... Google fanatic
Hi, my name is Amanda and I'm addicted to the internet.  I google.  I google a lot.  I love my Google Reader.  One might say that I'm addicted to blogs.  Life style blogs, healthy living blogs, fashion blogs, personal finance blogs, vizsla blogs; they pretty much consume the last hour or two of my evening everyday.  Maybe one day our little nugget of a blog will gain a loyal reader or two.  I promise to send out tons of blog love for just a little in return!  


A Day in the Life of a Tacticool Dog is really about our dogs and their TDS', not my love of the internet or Pinterest or blogs.  It's about our life as a couple with two crazy dogs.  It's about sharing our adventures now that we have the freedom that comes along with an awesome hands free leash.  OUR awesome hands free leash.  Yes, I will toot my own horn... TOOT! TOOT!  The Tacticool Dog Sling, aka TDS, in my eyes is the best thing since sliced bread!  Seriously!  Since when did it become easy to take two dogs to the local pet store, buy 50+ lbs of dog food, a few bags of dog treats, a random toy or two and not want to pull your hair out?  Well, I'll tell you when!  It became easy for Nick and I just a few short months ago when Nick built the first MK1 TDS concept. 


Nick, Phinley & the MK3 TDS in action

Since then we've bought an ancient sewing machine from craigslist and a ton of supplies to bring the fully developed MK3 TDS to life. 


We started small.  A Facebook page and a few mentions here and there.  And then last night we were out with friends and they mentioned that we should start a blog.  Genius!  Everyone blogs theses days, so why shouldn't we.  So here I am, sitting at my MacBook with two snoring dogs laying beside me, writing my first ever blog post.  


Nick is the brains behind the Facebook page and he came up with the idea of posting status updates describing situations we've found ourselves in when we didn't have a TDS. I think it's brilliant!  So here goes...

Quick... You're walking your dog on a really windy day and your classic Chuck Taylors just came untied. In your right hand is the pile of mail you just went and got, in your left a dog leash. You decide now is the time to stop and tie your shoe. While bending down and trying to maintain control of your dog and your mail, a young couple, who your dog will be intent on chasing after, is jogging straight toward you... What do you do?

~ Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment